A developing area of work for forensic accountants over the last couple of years has been in respect of confiscation orders following sucessful criminal prosecutions.
NIFA's forensic teams have had some very notable sucesses in challenging such orders. Often these result from drug offences, although other money laundering type offences are frequently involved.
Forensic accounting techniques are particularly relevant for this type of work. Our unit is quite prepared to work under the Legal Services Commission payment regime and unlike many other forensic accountants, to give evidence in Court.
Other Forensic Accounting & Litigation Support services include:
- Expert Opinion
- Theft & Fraud Investigations
- Personal Injury & Other Loss Claims
- Matrimonial Settlements & Disputes
- Share & Business Valuations
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- Professional Negligence Actions
- Financial Services Miss-Selling Actions